[social]With “Season” winding down in the Desert and winter vacationers are heading to the colder regions, there may be thoughts of a more permanent vacation home in the Desert.
Here are some things you may want to keep in mind when buying your Vacation home in the Desert:
- How often will you use it? Will you be the sole occupant or will others vacation there, also? (Warning: Owning a home in the Desert will make you VERY popular with family and friends.) What are the reasonable lengths of stays to make it a viable purchase?
- SHOULD you purchase your vacation home with others? You may want to ask legal assistance to hammer out specific ownership and owner rights if you do this.
- How much does it cost to keep this vacation home running – when you’re there? When you’re not? How much does it cost to keep the grounds kept and the pool cared?
- How much are additional amenities to a property?
- How’s the resale of this property? Does it need a lot of updating or do you just walk in and enjoy? If it needs updated, how much and will it be worth it?
There’s a lot to consider when buying a vacation home in the La Quinta area, but SO worth it – especially when the snow flies at home. Contact me today to answer all your vacation home questions!